The CROSSING Week on Sustainable Security & Privacy
September 9 – 13, 2019 | Darmstadt, Germany
CROSSING Conference | CROSSING Summer School | IT Security Lounge
Organizer: CROSSING, Prof. Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi
The Collaborative Research Center CROSSING hosts the CROSSING Conference every two years since 2015, each year highlighting a current topic in the field of security and privacy. More than 65 scientists from cryptography, quantum physics, system security and software engineering jointly work in CROSSING and perform both basic and application-oriented research. The goal is to develop security solutions that enable secure and trustworthy IT systems for the future. CROSSING is based at TU Darmstadt and is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) since 2014.
This year’s topic of the CROSSING Conference is Sustainable Security & Privacy. The central goal of sustainable security & privacy is to maintain and guarantee security and privacy goals as well as functionality of IT systems for at least their design lifetime. This requires anticipating the unforeseeable and preparing systems for threats not known today.
The Conference will be jointly held with a CROSSING Summer School and an exclusive event for industry representatives throughout a whole week. The CROSSING Week brings together top academic as well as industry researchers to discuss and explore the challenges of designing IT systems that can provide sustainable security and privacy.
For more information on registration, events and accommodation please visit the Conference Website: https://www.crossing-week-2019.tu-darmstadt.de/
The CROSSING Conference is a high profile conference and targets researchers interested in the field of sustainable security and privacy. Talks by renowned experts will provide insights into the foundations as well as state-of-the-art solutions.
The CROSSING Summer School targets graduate students and postdocs interested in sustainable security and privacy. Lectures by renowned experts will provide deeper insights into the foundations as well as state-of-the-art solutions and focus on an in-depth understanding of selected topics. The CROSSING Summer School is a five-day event, including participation in the CROSSING Conference and a social event.
IT Security Lounge by CROSSING at TU Darmstadt is an intimate, invitation-only event intended to foster conversation, cooperation and technology transfer in cybersecurity research. It offers you a great platform to meet with top scientists, esteemed guest speakers, as well as our award-winning cybersecurity start-ups. The talks throughout the day are focussed on recent innovations, trends and future challenges in cybersecurity.
- Ross Anderson, University of Cambridge, UK [Slides]
- Fari Assaderaghi, NXP Semiconductors, Netherlands [Slides]
- Lejla Batina, Radboud University, Netherlands [Slides]
- Robert Broberg, CISCO, University of Pennsylvania, USA [Slides]
- Rosario Cammarota, INTEL, USA
- Srdjan Capkun, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Lucas Davi, Universität Duisburg-Essen, Germany [Slides]
- Alexandra Dmitrienko, Universität Würzburg [Slides]
- Aurélien Francillon, EURECOM, France
- Nikolopoulos Georgios, FORTH, Greece and TU Darmstadt
- Matthias Hollick, TU Darmstadt, Germany [Slides]
- Yongdae Kim, KAIST, Deajeon, South Korea [Slides]
- Engin Kirda, North Eastern University, Boston, USA
- Farinaz Koushanfar, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Frank Krüger, Universität Mannheim, Germany [Slides]
- Matteo Maffei, TU Wien, Austria
- Nele Mentens, KU Leuven, Belgium [Slides]
- Michele Mosca, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Yossi Oren, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel [Slides]
- Mathias Payer, EPFL, Switzerland [Slides]
- Stjepan Picek, TU Delft, The Netherlands [Slides]
- Benny Pinkas, Bar Ilan University, Israel
- Christian Reuter, TU Darmstadt, Germany
- Thomas Schneider, TU Darmstadt, Germany [Slides]
- Gene Tsudik, University of Irvine, USA [Slides]
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Walther, TU Darmstadt, Germany [Slides]
- Dongyan Xu, Purdue University, USA
- Wenyuan Xu, Zhejiang University, China
- Moti Yung, Google Inc., USA