for the participation at one of the following events:
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- Ditact summer school
- Informatica Feminale
- Ada Lovelace Festival
With this award, the collaborative research centers MAKI and CROSSING appreciate exceptionally well performances of female students in computer science, electrical engineering and information technology. The winners will be able to attend one of the listed conferences and thus offered an insight into science as well as networking opportunities.
The following conferences are available:
- The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (2.-4.10.2019 in Orlando, Florida) is the world’s largest gathering of women technologists.
- The WE (7.-9.11.2019 in Anaheim, California) is the world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering and technology.
- The Ditact (19.-30.8.2019 in Salzburg, Austria) are summer studies for women in IT.
- The Informatica Feminale (12.-30.8.2019 in Bremen) is an international summer university in informatics.
- The Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni“ (12.-30.8.2019 in Bremen) is an international summer university and offers teachings in electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.
- The Ada Lovelace Festival (time and place tbd) is an event that brings together women from computer science and tech and celebrates diversity.
Please send your application (in German or English language) until Wed, May 1, 2019 to:
Dr. Karin Süß (Gender Equality Office, TU Darmstadt)
Apply with a letter of motivation, your CV, your personal performance summary (TUCan-Leistungsspiegel), a description of your connection or interest to MAKI’s and/or CROSSING’s field of research, and a ranked list of conferences you would be interested in. If you did not get an acknowledgment of receipt for your application by Fri, May 3, please contact us again.
Notifications will be sent out by Fri, May 10 and the award ceremony will be on Fri, May 17, 2019 in the late afternoon/evening at Darmstadtium as part of CrossFyre 2019. Please block this date.