With this award, the Collaborative Research Centers MAKI and CROSSING, the Research Training Group Privacy & Trust and the LOEWE Center emergenCITY appreciate exceptionally well performances of female students in computer science, electrical engineering and information technology. As travelling is not possible this year, the six winners will be awarded a prize money of 500€. Moreover, we want to encourage you to attend one of the listed conferences to get an insight into science as well as networking opportunities.
We invite you to attend one of the following online conferences:
- The WE21 (27.-28.5.2021, online) is the world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering and technology.
- The ditact (23.8.-4.9.2021 in Salzburg, Austria) are summer studies for women in IT.
- The Informatica Feminale and the Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni (July to September 2021 online and 13.-25.9.2021 in Bremen) are international summer universities in informatics, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.
- The Ada Lovelace Festival (22.-23.10.2021 in Mainz) is an event that brings together women from computer science and tech and celebrates diversity.
- The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (27.9.-1.10.2021, online) is the world’s largest gathering of women technologists.
Please send your application (in German or English language) until June 20, 2021 to:
Dr.‘in Anna Laura Raschke (Gender Equality Office, TU Darmstadt)
with a letter of motivation, your CV, your personal performance summary (TUCaN-Leistungsspiegel), and a description of your connection or interest to the field of research of MAKI, CROSSING, the RTG Privacy & Trust or emergenCITY. Optionally you can include which conference you attended or plan to attend.
Notifications will be sent out by the beginning of July and the online award ceremony will be on July 15, 2021. Please block this date.