MAKI / CROSSING Female Student Travel Award 2017
for the participation at
- “Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing”
- or “ACM WomENcourage” or “Networking Networking Women Workshop”
- or “Informatica Feminale” or “Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni”
With this award the collaborative research centres MAKI and CROSSING appreciate exceptionally well performances of female students in electrical engineering and information technology (and related study programs). The winners will be able to attend one of the listed conferences and thus offered an insight into science as well as networking opportunities.
The following conferences are available:
- The “Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing” (4.-6.10.2017 in Orlando, Florida) is the world`s largest gathering of women technologists.
- The Workshop “CrossFyre“ (29.-30.4.2017 in Paris, France) brings together female young researchers in cryptography, robustness and provably secure schemes to facilitate professional networking and exchange.
- The “Informatica Feminale” (7.-25.8.2017 in Bremen) is an international summer university in informatics. Every year, it offers compact courses in informatics/computer science for female students from all types of universities and colleges as well as for female professionals interested in further training.
- The “Ingenieurinnen-Sommeruni“ (7.-25.8.2017 in Bremen) is an international summer university and offers teachings in electrical enginering and mechanical engineering.
To take part in the competition please send your application until
Monday, May 1, 2017 to:
Dr. Karin Süß, Email: genderconsulting(a-t)pvw.tu-darmstadt.de (Gender Equality Office, TU Darmstadt).
Apply with a motivational letter, a list of those workshops/conferences mentioned above you are interested in, your CV, your personal performance summary (TUCaN-Leistungsspiegel) and a description of your connection or interest to Maki's and/or CORSSING's field of research. If you have not received an acknowledgment of receipt for your application by 2 May, please ask again.